Terms and Conditions
1.THE CONTRACT for a short-term holiday rental will be between the owners of Casa Azul (referred to as “us” or “we”) and the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party (referred to as “you” or “your”) in the following booking conditions. Spanish law will govern the Contract. The contract of hire is not effective until we have processed the deposit. The contract will be subject to these booking conditions, and must be complied with. The party leader must be at least 18 years of age at the time of booking and the booking form must list names, addresses and ages (under 18) of your party.
- PAYMENT: Bookings are CONFIRMED on receipt of the deposit of 30% of the holiday cost. The deposit must be paid within 5 days of the booking being placed. The balance of the rental will be due for payment TWO CALENDAR MONTHS prior to the holiday commencement date and we reserve the right to cancel the reservation where payment has not been received 2 calendar months before the commencement date. If the booking is made within 2 calendar months of the arrival date the full rental will be required. If the booking is made within 14 days of the arrival date, full payment must be received within 24 hours of placing the booking. No entry will be allowed without payment, in full, being cleared beforehand.
- CANCELLATION: Cancellations must be immediately notified to us by phone and confirmed in writing/email and acknowledged by us. If you cancel more than 2 CALENDAR MONTHS before your date of arrival, we reserve the right not to refund your deposit. If you cancel within 2 CALENDAR MONTHS of your date of arrival you are responsible for the full rental cost.
- CANCELLATION INSURANCE: Cancellation Insurance is not compulsory but we strongly recommend such insurance to protect against the cancellation penalty.
- CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE OWNER (FORCE MAJEURE): If for any reason we must cancel your booking in advance due to circumstances beyond our control for example fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, epidemics, destruction/damage to the property (“force majeure “) you will be refunded the full amount of the booking. If we must terminate your holiday early for the above reasons you will be refunded part of the booking fee based on the time remaining of the booking. No additional compensation, expenses or costs will be payable.
6.PERIOD OF HIRE: You should not arrive before 4pm on the commencement date, and leave by 10 am on the day of departure unless you have written permission from us to do otherwise. Unapproved early arrival/ late departure will result in you being charged a further day’s rental. You must not use the property except for the purpose of a holiday.
7.NUMBER OF PERSONS USING THE PROPERTY: Under no circumstances may more than the maximum number of persons stated on your booking form occupy the property. We reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed. Persons other than members of your party must not use the facilities at Casa Azul.
- LIABILITY: Casa Azul, its employees and representatives shall not be liable to you or your party for loss or damage to property howsoever arising. You must take all necessary steps to safeguard yourselves and your property.
- CARE OF THE PROPERTY: You are responsible for the property and are expected to take all reasonable care of its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects, in or on the property. You must leave them in the same state of repair, and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the beginning. You must not use the properties for any dangerous, offensive, noxious, noisy, immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to the owner or other neighbouring properties. Smoking is not allowed in any part of the property.
- DAMAGES & BREAKAGES: You are legally bound to reimburse us for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs on demand. If you lose a key, we will replace it upon you paying a fee of 30 E.
- RIGHT OF ENTRY: We shall be allowed the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
- COMPLAINTS: Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay. However, if you have any problem or cause for complaint, it is essential that you contact us immediately to give us the chance to resolve it. We value your custom and want you to return.
- PETS: We allow up to 2 dogs provided they have been booked in and a supplement of 20 E per stay paid. To maintain the cottage for all to enjoy, it is necessary that guests bringing dogs agree to these conditions.
Additional Terms and Condition for guests bringing dogs.
- Always keep your dog under control. Do not allow it to chase the cats.
- Ensure that it wears a flea collar and/or its flea and worming treatments are up to date. We reserve the right to make a surcharge of 100E if we subsequently find our house has been contaminated.
- Dogs are not allowed on the beds. They are allowed on the sofas if you bring your own throws/covers and keep the dog from contact with the cushions. We will levy an additional cleaning charge of 30E if they have been on the beds or on the uncovered sofas.
- Your dog must not be left unattended in the property.
- We will levy a surcharge of 50E if your dog has been found to scratch the paintwork on the doors. We will levy a surcharge of the cost of replacement if your dog has chewed the furniture
- Do not use the towels provided by Casa Azul to clean your dog. Bring your own.
- Poop patrol – ensure that you clean up ALL mess left by your pet. This includes the upper terrace area, out the front and parking areas. Do not leave it for future guests and residents to deal with.